Skip to main content

New Year wishes revision

As I have not been blogging for some time I have not had the chance to go through my humble 2018 New Year wishes in text - so now having already past half of the year let me do a revision of my wishes.


- A constant wish for good health and happiness not only for this year but years to follow...
- Having fun with my team on our new adventure and challenges - when I made this illustration I knew that later this year we would move again and this time to Germany although I hadn't shared it with that many people around me. Of course mixed feeling leaving our newly bought home in Örebro after only a year, but the experience of one more adventure abroad before kids are ready for school and we want to stay longterm in one place weighed up. Today I am sitting in Düsseldorf and it has been little bit more then a week here and from experience it does take some time to adjust. We have a great house, area and plans for our stay here. I know that it will be good and the feeling of belonging takes time to build in the new place, it is hard having this new in a place kind of anxiety which I am facing at the moment of writing. Hard to explain the feeling and I guess the feeling vary from person to person and some maybe don't experience it at all. I am so familiar with this feeling after 6 moves to different countries but also with that experience I know that with structure and time this place will feel like home. I will get back on this topic, moving/staring new anxiety...

- Less time spent on my phone - over all I do think I am not using my phone that much, or well it goes up and down. I have turned off the alert tune for getting new messages and that is great, I don't have the phone in the bedroom to avoid checking one last thing before going to sleep or taking my phone first thing when I wake up. Although being a little lost here I have to admit I use the phone a bit more when I don't know what to do or to get a break from unpacking boxes. Checking super unnecessary things, having contact with friends and family but also great help finding things to do here in Düsseldorf.

- Get back to reading good books... Well yes I have read a few book this year. I was so excited to get the fourth part of a feel-good book serie that came out earlier this year " Hjärtslaget i Rosengädda" nice sweet characters, eating good food and having different issues and I really enjoyed this last part of the serie. At the moment I am reading the latest book of Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The labyrinths of spirits - the fourth book in the serie of The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.Plan better and get up on time etc... totally not had to think of that since beginning of June when I went on summer break and before that my mornings are normally chaos because well mornings are not easy for me I want to do more things in very short time then what is possible and with kids having to ask, beg and in panic get them ready and myself and sent to kindergarten....

Be creative - During this long warm summer break I have managed to be creative in the garden planted some new plants arranged a part of the garden with pebbles and more. I have also used my creativity to rearranged furnitures and pictures at Lundsätter - I have a strong passion for moving furnitures around... Also having more time to start blogging and making illustrations again, lets hope I can manage more of that during rest of this year.

-Believe in myself and not listening to everything... Sometimes I believe very much in myself and are not listening at all to what other people think and say and sometimes I exact opposite.

-Not to get upset about minor things - I think I wrote this when I was having a coworker who was interfering in things and at the moment I don't have issues with that.

- Enjoy stable life... Not at the moment. I sold my SWB horse Qina in April. It was a good decision although hard decision to take. Qina was sold to a great girl which will enjoy her very much and spend all that time I didn't have with her. I am hoping I can find a stable here in Düsseldorf where both me and Mila can ride. Germany and this area of Germany is the metropole of stables for professional riders in Europe.

New dishes to be cooked.. No not really, same thing over and over in order to get the kids to eat.
Laugh more... I don't know probably not more then previous years
Beating Loren in board-games - no not yet but I will






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Update 24/52 Making leaving gifts and wine ladies

During week 24 I have been working on preparing thank you gifts for kids teachers and friends. I like to give something symbolic which also can be useful. This year I decided to buy water bottles for the teachers and to make them personalized writing their name and some flowers on them. I bought plain smaller bottles at IKEA. With my Cricut i designed and cut it out of permanent vinyl. With adding vinyl on the bottles, they can only be hand-washed otherwise the vinyl will come off.  After five years in Germany I have gotten so use to saying Frau Janssen rather then using her first name. So I decided that I will use the last name because that is the only name the kids use. Funny how you get use to something that I from the beginning thought was so stupid and old fashion.  When I was playing around with my Cricut I also figured out how to transfer my wine ladies into svg file which is needed so the machine can cut out my illustrations. I did a test with iron on transfer vinyl. I made the

Weekly update 23/52 Düsseldorf Art journals, Tonhalle and pool season

End of May beginning of June this wonderful time of the year and it is starting to be more and more emotional and real that we soon will be packing up and leaving. After this very cold spring it is nice to finally warm up and that the pool season has started. Here in Wittlaer Düsseldorf we have a local pool in Kaiserwerth Freibad Flossenweg where we go to swim. On a normal school day in the afternoon it is not too bad with people but on a hot hot weekend it is very crowded. It is kind of funny living in a place where you meet parents from school and neighbors first fully dressed and then undressed in the pool.  One amazing experience was seeing Düsseldorf Tonhalle from inside where Mila and her school together with four other schools in Düsseldorf had a Sing Pause concert. It was magical to hear them all sing in this old planetarium which has been changed into a concert hall.  My Creative work has been focusing on personalizing Art journals. I bought plain brown paper art journals to t

Weekly update 40/52 Autumn colors and cinnamon buns

Welcome October the most colorful month of the year. Yes we are going full steam towards the darker and colder part of the year, but I have to admit it is cosy and pretty with all the colorful leaves.  I don't know if it is a new thing to have theme days where a dish or something is being celebrated. I am guessing it is a capitalistic marketing great idea so companies can make more money like Valentine day. One of those days in Sweden is 4 of October when our national bakery Cinnamon bun is being honored. I got inspired! Some time ago I bought nice linnen tea-towels which I was planning to make some print/design on and when I got inspired by cinnamon bun I knew exactly what to make. I started scribbling and drawing buns on a big sheet. When I had one or two which I thought looked ok I transfered my bun drawing to my Cricut and had it cut out on iron-on vinyl. My mum is a master in baking buns and so I made a tea-towel/baking-towel in honor of not only cinnamon buns but of my mother