Skip to main content

Budapest and a lot of mammama and babababa

Last week Team Nikolovski decided to make a little road trip to explore Budapest. To be honest i didn't know much more then it is the capital of Hungary, The Danube running through and the home-ground for the Budapest roll and goulash. I got the task to find out more and to make a rough plan for our visit. A task I took very seriously and we were ready to go. 

Förra veckan begav vi oss iväg på en liten road-trip till Budapest. Om jag ska vara ärlig visste jag inte mycket mer om Budapest än att det är huvudstaden av Ungern, att Donau rinner där och att Budapestrullen och goulashen har sin ursprung där. Jag fick uppgiften att ta reda på mer och lägga upp en liten plan för vad vi vill se. Jag gjorde diverse eftersökningar och så var vi redo. 



We left on Thursday morning, hoping that the little CEO would approve of a few hours in the car. We sang her favorite song "Just give me a reason" a couple of times and she was fast asleep.We made a couple of stops for food, coffee and playtime. Everyone in an excellent mood we arrived to Budapest. We had dinner at Robinson, best food I have had in a restaurant in a very long time and I can highly recommend it.

We can also recommend a great cafe where we had our breakfasts ECOcafe, great place with nice bio products.

We spent the following three days exploring Budapest by foot. We walk and walk and walk. It was warm, warm, warm, but it was only me complaining. Mila had the time of her life in her "Mila mobile" like a small house on wheels where she is checking things out. We enjoyed good food, sweet little parks, nice views and a great atmosphere. I am positively surprised of Budapest and there is so much more to see, so we are planning a return trip soon.

We want to check out restaurants at Raday street and surrounding area more. Also the cute park and cafe at Ferenczy Lstvan we have to return to. The big market hall was closed when we got there so next time we will plan to get there in time. Margret Island, thermal spa, sweet shop and Buda side is also on the list.

På torsdagsförmiddagen gav vi oss iväg. Vi hoppades innerligt att vår lilla boss skulle tycka att det var helt ok att spendera några timmar i bilen. Det gjorde hon. Hon somnade gott efter att vi spelat hennes favorit sång ett par gång. Vi stannade för lunch, kaffe och lek ett par gånger. Samma kväll åt vi middag på en resturang som vi verkligen kan rekommendera, Robinson, nära Hjältarnas torg. Vi kan även rekommendera ett mysigt café med fokus på ekologiska produkter ECOcafe, vi åt goda frukostar där varje dag. 

Vi spenderade tre dagar promenerandes runt i Budapest. Vi gick och vi gick och vi gick. Det var varmt varmt varmt. Jag var dock den enda i teamet som klagade på värmen.  Mila njöt till fullo, från hennes rullande palats hade hon koll på allt. Vi hade en super trevlig vistelse med god mat, lek i trevliga parker, vackra vyer och fick en härlig känsla från Budapest gator.
Jag är positivt överraskad och det finns såklart mycket mer att se och uppleva för nästa besök. På listan att se nästa gång står bland annat den stora inomhus marknaden som hade stängt när vi kom fram, Margret ön, spa, café med bakelser och att utforska Buda sidan. 


Our Budapest trip were also very special. Mila turned 7 months. She waved for the first time and starting to make new sounds. Sounds sounding like real words. Mammmamma, papppapa and babbabba, our heart melted even more and we kept looking at her in this weird excited way.

Budapest resan kommer vi att minnas inte minst för att Mila vinkade för första gång. Blev sju månader och började med en hel massa nya ljud. Ljud som låter som riktiga ord. Mammmama, babbaba och papppapa. Vår hjärtan smälter ännu mer och vi är så stolt att vi håller på att trilla av stolen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Update 24/52 Making leaving gifts and wine ladies

During week 24 I have been working on preparing thank you gifts for kids teachers and friends. I like to give something symbolic which also can be useful. This year I decided to buy water bottles for the teachers and to make them personalized writing their name and some flowers on them. I bought plain smaller bottles at IKEA. With my Cricut i designed and cut it out of permanent vinyl. With adding vinyl on the bottles, they can only be hand-washed otherwise the vinyl will come off.  After five years in Germany I have gotten so use to saying Frau Janssen rather then using her first name. So I decided that I will use the last name because that is the only name the kids use. Funny how you get use to something that I from the beginning thought was so stupid and old fashion.  When I was playing around with my Cricut I also figured out how to transfer my wine ladies into svg file which is needed so the machine can cut out my illustrations. I did a test with iron on transfer vinyl. I made the

Weekly update 23/52 Düsseldorf Art journals, Tonhalle and pool season

End of May beginning of June this wonderful time of the year and it is starting to be more and more emotional and real that we soon will be packing up and leaving. After this very cold spring it is nice to finally warm up and that the pool season has started. Here in Wittlaer Düsseldorf we have a local pool in Kaiserwerth Freibad Flossenweg where we go to swim. On a normal school day in the afternoon it is not too bad with people but on a hot hot weekend it is very crowded. It is kind of funny living in a place where you meet parents from school and neighbors first fully dressed and then undressed in the pool.  One amazing experience was seeing Düsseldorf Tonhalle from inside where Mila and her school together with four other schools in Düsseldorf had a Sing Pause concert. It was magical to hear them all sing in this old planetarium which has been changed into a concert hall.  My Creative work has been focusing on personalizing Art journals. I bought plain brown paper art journals to t

Weekly update 40/52 Autumn colors and cinnamon buns

Welcome October the most colorful month of the year. Yes we are going full steam towards the darker and colder part of the year, but I have to admit it is cosy and pretty with all the colorful leaves.  I don't know if it is a new thing to have theme days where a dish or something is being celebrated. I am guessing it is a capitalistic marketing great idea so companies can make more money like Valentine day. One of those days in Sweden is 4 of October when our national bakery Cinnamon bun is being honored. I got inspired! Some time ago I bought nice linnen tea-towels which I was planning to make some print/design on and when I got inspired by cinnamon bun I knew exactly what to make. I started scribbling and drawing buns on a big sheet. When I had one or two which I thought looked ok I transfered my bun drawing to my Cricut and had it cut out on iron-on vinyl. My mum is a master in baking buns and so I made a tea-towel/baking-towel in honor of not only cinnamon buns but of my mother