Skip to main content

My favorite is back


I love the stories, books and illustrations about Pettson and Findus created by Sven Nordqvist. I am brought up with these characters and the books are just as good today as they were back in the day and also just as good for adults as for children.

Pettson is a farmer who lives together with his cat Findus out on the beautiful countryside. They live in a little red farmhouse, with a bunch of hens in the henhouse, ongoing crazy projects in the workshop and a woodshed full of small creatures. Their world is illustrated in a fascinating way, with many details and where small creatures can be found here there and everywhere. Every page is like a piece of art and each time I read the books I find new details or hidden creatures I haven’t noticed before. My favorite books are: The fox hunt and Pancakes for Findus. In total there are 9 books about Pettson and Findus and sold in 6 million copies worldwide in 44 languages. The last book came out 2001: When Findus was little & disappeared, this is ages ago and I even lost the hope that it will ever come more..

Yesterday the great news reached me, or actually I reached for the news. Finally a new book is here with release in a couple of weeks. “Findus moves out” is the title and I am very much looking forward to loose myself in Nordqvists great illustrations and story about the two sweetest literature characters I know.
Pettson och Findus,Illustration by Sven Nordqvist  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...