Skip to main content

In deep time thoughts



Isn't it amazing how the same amount of days and hours can feel so different?

A huge difference and feeling between going slow & taking forever to going fast & not having enough hours. From one week to another you don’t know what the feeling will be like even though what you for sure know is that the time counted in the actual amount of days and hours is exactly the same. At least that is was the clock and the calendar tells me and what I have been told to believe. Sometimes I wonder if it really is correct or we human beings, who think we know everything, has misunderstood the whole thing...But as long as I can’t prove anything different I have to believe it or else I will be classed as a total weirdo...

But maybe one sign that there is some truth in my theories is that it took me forever before I learned to read and understand the clock and what time is. I had a red cute arm watch with Mickey Mouse inside and yeah a lot of numbers and arrows. My poor parents tried and tried to explain me how the time system was working and asked me time related questions to check my knowledge. Half past, quarter to, quarter past, twenty to, ten past, yeah it all confused me big time... My parents eventually gave up and instead gave me a stopwatch. On the stopwatch they could set the time with an alarm when they wanted me back home. I had it hanging around my little neck and it gave me first a couple of warnings (kind of today’s snooze function on the phones, I love that function by the way) so I could start to make my way home, very handy and sometimes very annoying..

Today I know how to read the clock even though some people that know me would question this because of my tendency of always being a little late, but that is another topic for some other time...

Anyways, this week it feels like the days has run away. Already Friday today how is that possible?
It is a good job that I make little roadmaps for myself or at least for the project I am currently working on. Roadmaps works better for me than any clock or calendar and it is cuter. A roadmap shows where I am starting and where I want the road of work to take me. The only complaint is that neither roadmaps or calendars shows that week 32 would run much faster than week 31, but I guess I just have to live with it and this time magic...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...