Skip to main content

A rainy Team building experience II

 
I will more in detail explain Team Nikolovski's climbing Giant Mountain experience in heavy rain and thick fog. Husband was a little skeptical at first as the rain was really pouring it down and not sure that it is clever to climb mountains with a wife carrying a 6 months big baby bump.. I was prepared and squeezed into rain gear from top bottom. Cute colorful rain jacket and trousers which I thought would be waterproof, but of course turned out to be everything but waterproof. As my husband says "if you pay peanuts you get peanuts" very true and a very wet lesson to learn in the middle of nowhere.. What I was thinking when I picked my white jogging shoes (to be clear jogging shoes which has never been for a jog and will never go for a jog, not with me anyway..) I can confirm these type of shoes are not waterproof what so ever and an extremley stupid choice...
My husband looked like a walking condom with a plastic cover wrapped around him. This plastic cover did more damage than good and worked as a water spreader which made sure his legs got soaking wet after only a few minutes.. My conclusion is that we need to invest in some good equipment before next time..

We enjoined the whole experience a lot even though the weather was shitty and we didn't manage to reach the top as it got a little too heavy to climb all the way up with this baby bump.. But we promised ourselves that we will do more of these kinds of activities in the future as it is such a great feeling. The greatest feeling is to come home and be super tired everywhere..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...