Skip to main content

Mila approaching 2 and things to remember

I made this illustration some time ago before our little Mila turned 2 years old as memory of her current interests. She is developing so fast at the moment with her language it is new words and cool sentences everyday. I heard somewhere that they pick up 10 new words per day in this age. To illustrate some of them is a way for me to remember as it is so easy to forget cool stuff too fast.

So since this was illustrated a lot has happened so this is a recap of Mila in November 2014 mainly for me ( proud mother with short memory) so you are excused if you don't feel like reading this...


  • She is still constantly singing or asking us to sing rock a bye baby ( Check it out on youtube... It is a super extra boring lullabye song if you ask me!!!) she also put toys in something and swings them back and forth as she sings. If me or Loren are asked to be involved in this game she will for sure get upset (very upset with crocodile tears and throwing herself of the floor kind of upset..) with us as we are simply to stupid to understand how you rock a baby properly. Lately she also wants us to draw rock a bye baby every time we are drawing together (which is everyday...) Is there no end in the tunnel of this rock a bye baby interest?

  • A grey day in October she sat by the table and load and clear said "Jättegott" (very tasty) as she was eating my delicious dish spaghetti and butter, that made my day. Not sure if I was mostly impressed that she can said jättegott or if it was because she actually liked my spaghetti.

  • Since we came to Moscow from Sweden in November where we spent some time after we moved from Prague Mila has everyday ( hundred millions times a day in fact..) told us that the dog is not allowed to eat her sandwich, her porridge, her yoghurt, her cockie etc etc.
      "Inte macka vovvov! " "Inte kaka vovvo!!" So as much as she and Chili dog don't get a long obviously she cant stop thinking about her (typical hate love relationship I guess). Slowly after a month with this firm statements every two minutes she is giving up on the poor dog.

  • One day while we were in Stockholm. Mormor Mi (grandmother) was driving and I was sitting next to her and Mila in the back seat. From out of the blue Mila from her seat  asked for"Sushi namnanam!". As she is not a big eater I am not sure if we were more chocked over the fact that she asked for food or if it was that she specifically asked for sushi. We stopped at Mörby centrum and ordered a sushi take away for this very Japanese influenced two year old just in time for going and spend time with her again..

  • Mila has a crush on Christmas and Santa. One of her first word ages ago was "tomte" (santa clause) and if you ask what Santa says she says "Hohooooo". She has one book about Christmas but apart from that one I have no idea where her passion from Christmas has come from! When she found my box with Xmas decorations she was overwhelmed and started to hang decorations an every piece of furniture in the apartment. So I gave in and let her put up a Christmas tree ( Fejka from IKEA so no mess with needles on the floor) on first of December!! (gahaa I don't even like Christmas trees)  She spent hours on her own decorating the three and when she was done she was laying below enjoying her tree and has spent hours during December reorganizing her tree and laying below it. I have only helped with lights and financed some glitter and new decorations.

    She has also learned to sing a long to 4 different Christmas songs, it sounds soooo cute when she sings and I am sooooo proud that she can sing that I nearly fall of my chair :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...