Skip to main content

Summary of May with an illustration

If I don't get a chance to draw, paint, sew or illustrate I will become crazy. But I am mean like crazy crazy and not very nice crazy.  So I am happy and the rest of my team probably even more happy that even our newest little member gives me some time ( not a lot but at least a little time here and there) 
Here is a memory of May illustration I have made lately
The illustration started like this  



And with some more color like this..
I will go through the memories


1 ) Mila started sometime ago to ask me like a billion times a day about all sorts of objects " What does this sound like?" Not a problem when she ask about sounds of cat, dog, horse, car etc even though sometimes she doesn't agree of the sound that I make ( she is asking me even though she knows and will correct me like she is checking me on my sound intelligence...) The problem is that she also ask about noises of very quiet objects like a sandwich, a cucumber, a leaf, a tree etc. Sometimes I am creative and make up sounds for these very quiet objects but most times (like 150 000 times a day) I say "no it doesn't make a sound!" or "I don't know" and if I ask what she thinks it sounds like she looks at me like I am stupid saying "hey hey" Strange I have never had a apple, cucumber or flower saying hey hey to me but what do I know.. 


2) End of April beginning of May was a lot of pre-thoughts about the coming baby and new family member. I had hard to picture how it would be to have another baby in the team and so I can imagine Mila had even harder to picture it. She has been very aware of that the growing bump was containing a baby and because she loves babies she was looking forward but of course very abstract to take in what it will be like to have a baby at home without right to return or exchange. She was trying hard to negotiate that instead of baby Filip (a boy..) she wanted baby Sarah (her friend Lisas little-baby-sister ) She was really persistent and I was getting pretty nervous that she really would want to trade her coming brother for another baby.



3) BUT when her little brother baby Filip finally arrived she was very proud and told (read screamed) to everyone in the hospital "don't touch, that is My baby!!" and she is nothing but sweet to her little brother and wants to help to hold and change diaper. I am happy that she no longer wants to exchange him but I am sure it will come when he wants to play with her toys...


4) Here is an updated family portrait of Team Nikolovski (yes maybe slightly slimmer then IRL..)
Baby Filip joined us on the 6th of May at 22.36,  50 cm & 3,7 kg with lots of dark hair and just perfect.
Welcome to the team little man!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...