Skip to main content

Illustration world with inspiration from books

I have started on an illustration some weeks ago. I still have to go over it with second layer of colors to make it more rich and alive. If  I will get around to it. I have got inspiration from different books and characters. I love children books and I read for Mila and Filip every night without a fail. I buy a lots of books both new and second hand. I have been able to read a different story every night until now when Mila only wants to read one particular book "Märtar galloperar". It is about a girl called Märta who is learning how to canter on a pony.... I have now read this book every evening for over 2 weeks.. Sometimes even two times per night. I wonder what will happen if "Märta galloperar" goes missing for a while!? I might try that very soon if I only can remember to make it go missing before I am already trapped in the sweetest way. Laying there in the bed with one kid on each arm and gets this very loved book handed over to me and with a very sweet voice Mila asks " mamma can we please read Märta galopperar tonight!?" like she havn't heard it in ages. First I am trying "but why don't we read xxx or xxx or maybe xxx" but at this point she is not ready to negotiate it is "Märta galopperar" or no sleeping...  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly update 41/52 Time for warmer hats, nice books and last garden projects

  October and week 41 and I have been making lots of new jersey hats with fleece lining. The weather is getting colder and colder and yes hat season is here. I will during the week add new fun warm hats in my web-shop. The hats will also be sold at Christmas markets here in Örebro.  New this year for me is that I am making baby hats since I got a lot of requests. I find it hard to make baby hats because they look so small, it is hard to remember how small babies are.  Also this week big happiness over at new book release from my favorite children book illustrator Sven Nordqvist. "Vägen Hem" a wonderful book with amazing illustrations.   I have also bought and planted some new plants inspired from some nice park arrangements here in Örebro. Now lets hope that all the deer in the forrest will not eat all of these, as I forgot to check wether or not these are tasty to them. In our country-house in the forrest they tend to come and eat everything they like and they ...

Weekly update 42/52 New fleece hats ready for the cooler weather

   

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...