Skip to main content

Falling out with a wardrobe

We had this big wardrobe for all our cloths... This wardrobe pissed me off for the last time last week. Me and my dad tried to fix the problem with the doors once and for all. We spent 40 min trying to figure out the issue and then we lost it. Looked at each other and unison said "let's get rid of it!!" With screwdriver, crowbar and hard work we dismantled and carried the wardrobe out in pieces. Yes it felt good until I realized what a mess we had created. Cloths EVERYWHERE and nowhere to place them now... So we started next project to make shelves in the sauna which is a small room with a lot of cloths more then a sauna.. Squeeze in closet and It is as pretty as it sounds.. At the same time I also started project to build shelves in the kids corner down stairs and to reorganize the small room where the wardrobe got pulled out from. Can you imagine the mess... I was cursing myself why do I always start big moving around projects like this and how the hell will I manage to get things back in order.. Luckily the kids cooperated pretty well and let me work to get the chaos under control. I will not show chaos picture as it only makes me feel stressed again I think better to show part of the result. My sewing room does now also serve as a guestroom with nice bed I will show that side of the room when I have managed to get shelves and bedside table in place. Kids corner is easier to organize with the new shelves which I decorated with a nice wallpaper and painted the edges white I am happy with the result. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...