Skip to main content

Weekly update 34/52 Birthday, school start and fully moved in




Summer is coming to an end. It was a very rainy summer and never before have I experienced so few sun hours and not being able or tempted to go to the lake to swim. My birthday is a sign that school start in close. I had a great birthday my dad, uncle and friends came over to celebrate with cake and bubbles in the new house. I got nice gifts and on the picture I am wearing my new Sauna hat since we now have a sauna in the house. We are now fully moved in to our new house although still a lot to organize and to find the right place for things. The house feels good, it is a comfortable town house in a neighborhood which is not more then 10-15 years old and still new apartment buildings are getting built. Kids have schools close by, only 5 minutes walk if that. Big difference for me and Filip who have had a long way to drive through Düsseldorf to get to his previous school. 
17 aug school-start - nervous to meet their new classmates and teachers. Maybe I was the most nervous. We had done some nice starting school shopping the day before and both were set for a new beginning. All have gone well for them and fingers crossed they will keep getting more and more comfortable in their new schools. Mila has also started at her riding-school and it seems great place to learn. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...