Skip to main content

Our nightmare


Det har varit lite tyst och tomt här. Vi tappade fotfästet lite. Hamnade i en mardröm som jag nu hoppas att vi är på andra sidan av. Molnen har skingrat sig och nu känns det nästan som vanligt igen. Fast jag har men, jag känner på liten pannan och tar tempen stup i kvarten. Kollar ännu oftare att hon andas och vill ha henne ännu mer nära hela tiden. Jag är räddare än räddast för bassilusker och virus. Men herregud var har hänt tänker du. Det var hemskt och det värsta jag varit med om. En torsdagsmorgon vaknar av att Mila får en attack av något som sedan visar sig vara feberkramp (snällt ord för något så otäckt) ambulans till sjukhus och blev kvar där i en vecka. Infektion, feber, tester och antibiotika. Ledsen men modig baby. Ledsen, hjälplös och rädd pappa. Ledsen, hjälplös och rädd mamma. Allt ställs på sin spets och man inser hur skört allt är. Vi har fått fantastisk vård och fint stöd från alla håll. Mila mår bra igen och är piggare än piggast.

Its been a little quiet here for a while. We lost the grip and it felt like we were falling like in a nightmare. We are now on the other side of our nightmare and doing better and better each day. We can breath again. But we are more scared and got a reminder that everything is a little fragile. I am also feeling the small-ones forehead and taking her temperature every two minutes. What has happened I guess you are wondering. It was a horrible day, the worst day ever. A Thursday morning Mila got a serve seizure and got unconscious. Panic, helpless and more panic. Thank God my autopilot worked when I didn't know what to do. Ambulance to the hospital where we stayed for a week. Febrile, infection, tests and antibiotics. Brave baby. Pappa cried. Mamma cried. Scared and helpless. We got great care and we are so grateful for all the support we have got from everyone. Thank you. A few weeks has past and Mila is now feeling a lot better. She is as wild as ever and we are so happy and relieved and more humble to the fact that things can change so suddenly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly update 41/52 Time for warmer hats, nice books and last garden projects

  October and week 41 and I have been making lots of new jersey hats with fleece lining. The weather is getting colder and colder and yes hat season is here. I will during the week add new fun warm hats in my web-shop. The hats will also be sold at Christmas markets here in Örebro.  New this year for me is that I am making baby hats since I got a lot of requests. I find it hard to make baby hats because they look so small, it is hard to remember how small babies are.  Also this week big happiness over at new book release from my favorite children book illustrator Sven Nordqvist. "Vägen Hem" a wonderful book with amazing illustrations.   I have also bought and planted some new plants inspired from some nice park arrangements here in Örebro. Now lets hope that all the deer in the forrest will not eat all of these, as I forgot to check wether or not these are tasty to them. In our country-house in the forrest they tend to come and eat everything they like and they ...

Weekly update 42/52 New fleece hats ready for the cooler weather

   

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...