Skip to main content

December run so fast

Time has flown by and especially December was a pretty fast passing month. Here comes a short summary of what has happened in Team Nikolovski household during December.
20/12 Birthday party in the house for our mini member who turned one year, wow already one year. It has truly been one amazing year ( I will right more about our first year as parents in a later post) We had a great party with a super sweet bunch of wild small people and their nice mothers here to celebrate with us.

 
Christmas preparation in moderate doses. I did all my Christmas shopping together with everyone else in Prague and annoying asking myself why the hell I couldn't have done this in November when all the shops were empty when I anyways only needed a few things to get here and there. I made some fudge which I eat very quick together with far too many gingerbread cookies weeks before Christmas ( go figure what my new year resolution will be..) Great granddad/ granddad Sven-Hugo came from Sweden to help us to get the Folkesson traditional Christmas sausages organized. Prague was full of Christmas markets here there and everywhere, some cute stalls but mainly crap although great Christmas atmosphere if you like too much people in limited space.






We had a nice relaxing Christmas with my dad here. Long walks in nice mild December weather. We enjoyed some traditional dishes from the Swedish Julbord such as herring and rice porridge (tomtegröt) and a few Czech beers with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...