Skip to main content

Surviving February and tips from Düsseldorf

It was a very grey and rainy second weekend of February. I know it is not only me feeling February is a little hard work some days when it is grey, cold, muddy or slippery outside and you feel tired, bored of winter, bored of nearly everything actually and it feels like spring will never come. Having said that I should really not complain that much as here in Düsseldorf the Winters are not that bad especially not as dark as up in Sweden and we can already feel spring is coming very soon. It helps thinking that is a little worst somewhere else ;) Doesn't matter where you are. If in Sweden I would say at least we have snow which is prettier then rain. And now living here I think we fortunate having longer days and more green and only snow for three days so far. I am kind of trying not to fall into the hating February trap or maybe I should do as Economy Professor Micael Dahlén embrace the fact that February is the worst month of the year - FY FAN FÖR FEBRUARI ( translated FUCK YOU FEBRUARY) is the name of his podcast. A new pod everyday during February with facts about February and ideas how to survive this dark and miserable month. But February is also a month when we can allow ourselves to calm down in the sofa, catch up on some series, read a book, wear a big woolen jumper and dream about up coming garden projects and beer garden season to open.. The podcast is called: fy fan för februari and is worth listening to if you speak Swedish...

How we are surviving February...
I had a great date with Filip 3,5 down town Düsseldorf on Saturday. We took the car, no traffic really on weekend = it only takes 15 minutes from home and we parked centrally.
Lunch
We had lunch at What´s Pizza on Immermannstrasse 18. Great stone baked pizza and fresh lemonade in this nice modern restaurant. 




After lunch we had a walk around the city but the weather was pretty miserable, so we cheered ourselves up in Sostrene Grene. I bought some new notebooks as I am starting school this week and Filip found a bag of colorful plastic balls which he insisted on having ( the balls which I would never in a million year buy...)

Coffee 
After that we ha great coffee and a cinnamon bun at Copenhagen Coffee Lab a great cafe I got recommended by a friend here in Düsseldorf. Apart from good coffee and cool Scandinavian touch on the interior they also had tap water and glasses - other places here you always have to buy super expensive bottled water which is hurting me when the tap water is perfectly ok to drink. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...