Skip to main content

JK Rowling "The Ickabog"

There is some good things that has come out of this Corona lockdown and if I in this post would mention something I would say reading in general and JK Rowlings new book in particular.
The idea to the story  "The Ickabog" JK Rowling came up with many years ago but it never got published because she had focus on other book project at the time. When this Corona pandemi came and put scare in to the world and lock us at home across the globe she decided to rewrite bits and publish it for free. It is a story for children not a new Harry Potter with magic no it is an entirely different story. Over seven weeks one or a few chapters at the time will be published. In addition to the story JK Rowling is encouraging her readers to illustrate the story and gives suggestions what to illustrate. Also an official competition for the drawings which publishers will pick for the printed version.
I was very excited to start reading the story for the kids and together draw something from each chapter. Filip not so interested but Mila is in and we have so far read three chapters and made some illustrations to those chapters.

What is my relationship to JK Rowlings books about Harry Potter ? Well first I was goning to say I liked them when they came but I was not fanatic about the books. However having said that I do have all books in both Swedish and English and has read both versions so I mean I must have been pretty into the Potter world. I have also visited the café in Edinburgh "The Elephant house" were most of the first book of Harry Potter the philosopher's stone was written.
I have another fond memory and that is from the last book Harry Potter and the death hallows was published 21 July 2007 - I worked at a camp in US at the time and all the girls were crazy about Harry Potter and had preordered the book and they were so excited and we got a huge delivery of this thick book and the kids couldn't stop reading.

Here is the book if you feel like reading it - The Ickabog 



Here below are Mila's drawings from the first two chapters and my map of the Cornupia Kingdom





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...