Skip to main content

Weekly update 9/52 Stormy spring weather

Cool date today 22.2.22 
If it felt like spring here in Düsseldorf last time I wrote, well certainly it didn't feel like it last week! It has been storming with hurricane winds and hailstorms. All schools in Düsseldorf even closed last Thursday because of the storm. We have of course been out as much as we can during the weekend BUT to be honest the weather has really been shitty so more time spent inside then usually.
I have been working on some different creative project - I have mostly been focusing on sewing because I have a new market coming up end of March. I have been making new hairbands, cutting bags and hats (which still needs to be put together) 
But also I have become obsessed with knitting. I decided last year that I should give knitting a new chance. My mother and grandmother tried to teach me when I was a child but I never got the hang of it. So last year I bought sticks and yarn and watched Youtube tutorials over and over. I struggled but kept struggling and now I started again and slowly but surely it is going better and better. Very simple garter stitch and not following any patterns. I got inspired by a friend here in Düsseldorf who are knitting super cool headbands and hairbands and order all her chunky sustainable yarn from UK company Wool and the gang. I don't know what it is but I can't stop - I can keep knitting while watching TV and it is so relaxing for someone who feels bad to sit still and doing nothing. I guess it is also fun to learn something new. 




Here is also a some of my new hairbands - all high quality BIO cotton fabric I have bought in a small well-stocked fabric shop here in Düsseldorf


Fingers crossed that the weather will pick up and that the week will be brighter
Have a good week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...