Skip to main content

Weekly Update 14/52 Grand Magnolia and family visit



We continue to have cold for the season here in Düsseldorf as in we are still wearing winter jackets. But it is getting greener and greener and trees are starting to blossoming. Magnolia trees are big and grand here in Düsseldorf and every year they impress me so much. Also the magnificent Camelia how they bloom and are so beautiful when it is still nearly winter outside.

My mother and Göran can to visit us in the beginning of the week on their drive down to Marbella. It was nice that they had a chance to stop by and we took them out to a real German restaurant, Jäger, in walking  distance from our house. 

Bunt Ei - ready colored eggs in the stores is not only a Easter thing here in Germany.. They are sold all year around. 






And Yes I keep making Easter Bunnies.. 
And since I got a wish for spring colored hairbands from a friend - I took the opportunity to buy some nice bright fabrics for hairband, bags and scrunchies 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly update 41/52 Time for warmer hats, nice books and last garden projects

  October and week 41 and I have been making lots of new jersey hats with fleece lining. The weather is getting colder and colder and yes hat season is here. I will during the week add new fun warm hats in my web-shop. The hats will also be sold at Christmas markets here in Örebro.  New this year for me is that I am making baby hats since I got a lot of requests. I find it hard to make baby hats because they look so small, it is hard to remember how small babies are.  Also this week big happiness over at new book release from my favorite children book illustrator Sven Nordqvist. "Vägen Hem" a wonderful book with amazing illustrations.   I have also bought and planted some new plants inspired from some nice park arrangements here in Örebro. Now lets hope that all the deer in the forrest will not eat all of these, as I forgot to check wether or not these are tasty to them. In our country-house in the forrest they tend to come and eat everything they like and they ...

Weekly update 42/52 New fleece hats ready for the cooler weather

   

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...