Skip to main content

Weekly update 15/52 Easter-break


Easter-break in Sweden. It was a bit painful to travel back to snow and winter at least the thought of it before we actually got there, but once there it was nice to come home for a couple of weeks. We had some very nice sunny days and relaxing days at Lundsätter. Kids enjoy coming home to play outside, see family and play with friends and so do I. After five years living in Germany going back home for the school-breaks are very special for us but this time it was also emotional for me that this will actually be our last trip before we move back to Sweden. I am ready for the move after five very nice years in Düsseldorf but still it is very nostalgic and hard to leave a place which has become home. I am sure I will get back on this topic a few more times before summer when the move will happen. 

Easter-break was very good. Mila did a successful Easter-jumping competition at the local riding-school with Bandit a nice pony with the coolest mustache. We went to the swimming-pool, bbq in the woods with my uncle, me and Loren went to the new house to pick colors for some of the walls, Easter egg hunt and this year Mila surprised us with preparing eggs for us adults also, kid had sleep-over with friends, playing with hobby horses and drone in the garden and I went for birthday dinner at a friend's house. 

And also time to create. I continued my project illustrating on porcelain. I bought this summer at a flea market vase and candleholder - the cheap and uglier the better because then I have no problem to start to paint on it. If I buy too nice stuff I start to hesitate and thinking too much wether or not I am destroying it with my drawings. 
This time I was using porcelain pens that I have bought at Panduro, they are easy to use and only needs 30 min in the oven at 100 degrees. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...