Skip to main content

Weekly update 20/52 Springtime and Best friend t-shirts

May is a beautiful month although this year has been much colder than usual. Kalkum Schloss park is our go to place during the spring - it has a nice little pond where the kids can collect tadpoles and let them go again after. They are happy walking around looking and collecting for hours. It is a great spot to enjoy nature. The geese walk past with their baby geese. It is amazing to watch the moorhen chicks running on the water lily leaves and to hear the frog croak loud. If you are lucky you can also see the turtles living in the pond. And by dusk the muskrat comes swimming around the pond. 

The pictures of the books - well first of all I love books!
I have been done a good job this week and gone through all my books and the kids books.. I don't need to keep all the books that I read - right!? And in my life I have transported many books around the world from Sweden to Prague back to Sweden and some followed to Moscow and then back to Sweden and then a new bunch of books to Düsseldorf and now back to Sweden. 
I put together a big pile of Swedish kids books which we have already read and no need to keep. I offered them to the Swedish school here in Düsseldorf and the teacher came and picked them up. My books many of my pockets that I have read and will never read again I have got rid of, feels good to go through and clear out a bit
And
because I have been so good sorting out. I have space for some new books right.. I went by Oxfam second-hand shop on Nordstrasse and found three interesting books which had to come with me home. 

The Rehearsal - Eleanor Gatton
A Good girl's guide to murder - Holly Jackson 
The half burnt house - Alex North

My creative work this week 
I have been making some iron on designs with my Cricut. Our move from Düsseldorf is getting closer and closer and it is very emotional to leave after five years - this is our home with all our everyday routines, school, friends etc etc. Mila has a best friend in school and the have kept together for four years now and it will be super hard to say Aufwiedersehen when we school is finishing for the summer. I made matching t-shirts for the girls - friendship t-shirts and I thought it is better to give it to them straight away so they can use them together. 


I also made prints for t-shirts to one of my best friend daughters a few weeks ago which arrived to them

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly update 41/52 Time for warmer hats, nice books and last garden projects

  October and week 41 and I have been making lots of new jersey hats with fleece lining. The weather is getting colder and colder and yes hat season is here. I will during the week add new fun warm hats in my web-shop. The hats will also be sold at Christmas markets here in Örebro.  New this year for me is that I am making baby hats since I got a lot of requests. I find it hard to make baby hats because they look so small, it is hard to remember how small babies are.  Also this week big happiness over at new book release from my favorite children book illustrator Sven Nordqvist. "Vägen Hem" a wonderful book with amazing illustrations.   I have also bought and planted some new plants inspired from some nice park arrangements here in Örebro. Now lets hope that all the deer in the forrest will not eat all of these, as I forgot to check wether or not these are tasty to them. In our country-house in the forrest they tend to come and eat everything they like and they ...

Weekly update 42/52 New fleece hats ready for the cooler weather

   

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...