Skip to main content

22/52 Weekly update Foamy clay makes earring production

It started with a big pack of foamy clay in mnay bright colors that I had bought for the kids. One day Mila had made a big pink round thing with different colors and shapes on top of it and I thought it looked super cool. That night I was laying thinking that maybe I could copy Mila's idea just to make it a bit smaller and make earrings. I used to make earrings many years ago so I still have all the equipment and some earring hooks left so next morning I started working with kids foamy clay 

These earrings below are the first earrings I made. The foam clay dries in the air and are super super light. Actually that light that when I used mine and it was windy outside they nearly flew out of my ears. So I figured out that it would be better to fasten these typ of material on a stud instead of hanging down. What I also come to think of was to add a layer of lack gloss to protect them from from melting in water ( I always shower with my earrings so they need to resist water) 





I started creating shapes suitable for earring studs and ordered the studs and bought super glue 


And it is so much fun I just can't stop creating and making different shapes, mixing colors and playing around. 






I have put them on nice cards so I can display them nicely and put gloss on both sides and got friends and Milas friends to try them - so colotful and fun for the summer and also super light to wear. Next step in my mass production mood is how and where to sell them. I am thinking maybe to open my Etzy shop finally which I started 10 years ago. 



What do you think ? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...