Skip to main content

Happy Easter / Glad Påsk / Veselé Velikonce

Happy Easter / Glad Påsk / Veselé Velikonce ( If you ask me how you pronounce Czech Veselé Velikonce I would tell you "your guess is as good as mine!!")

I think that Easter is one of the best holidays for the simple reason that all the decoration is colorful in a nice pastel way. I have decorated the balcony with colorful eggs. In Sweden the tradition is to decorate branches with colorful feathers but I couldn't find it here in Prague and maybe better as who knows where the feathers come from and how much the poor chicken has suffered. So styrofoam eggs in different colors are perfect. I have also painted a whole bunch of ceramic eggs with focus on pastel blue, pastel green, turcois and white. I can't stop buying more and more eggs and love to try different combinations. I Send one tray as Easter present with my mother who was here last week. 

In my new favorite shop, a shop full of cheap less necessary things with potential to make it cute with a lot of creativity and colors, I found gypsum rabbits that me and Mila has had a lot of fun with. Mila has played intensively with her two rabbits so one ear fell of and the other one snapped in half. I instead decided to paint mine very kitschy and with a lot of  pastel, super cute and so far still out of reach for Mila. 

Mila has also been dressed out as påskkärring " Easter witch " a Swedish tradition that I will explain more in my next post. But I can tell you as much that she loved it as it as it includes heavy make-up and lipstick..

Happy Easter!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...