Skip to main content

Moscow in bright February sunlight














And so came the most beautiful February day along, with the strongest and brightest winter sun
The feeling of being privileged came over me as I walked along Moscow river
Privileged to be able to experience and explore life in a city and country which I never even thought I would even visit. A city and country with a long history which is very unknown to me. 
Every place has something to offer I think and to be able to explore what Moscow has to offer good and bad is something I am enjoying more and more as time is passing and I am feeling more comfortable and home here. The sun helps of course! So maybe I will love Moscow by the time the summer comes. 

We live close to Gorky Park, Moscow's central park of culture and leisure, only 15 min walk from our apartment. During the winter you can find Russia and Europe's largest ice skating rink here, 59 000 Sq feet. Also great café's and fun play grounds for the kids. I can't wait to see the park in the spring as I believe the park is much more used during the summer season. You can read more here about Gorky Park

Me and Mila enjoyed the sun, the snow and watching babushka's feeding squirrels in the park yesterday. Warmed up in my for now favorite café, 8 Oz with coffee and soup. Mila fell a sleep after and I could stroll along the river looking at art stands outside the exhibition hall. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...