Skip to main content

On the same topic again..


I know I know I have already made an illustration on this great topic, how to get a 2 year old to dress everything that is needed to go outside, not that long ago. Nice with Winter says some. Can't wait for spring says others. I am somewhere in the middle and it changes from day to day and from hate to love for this season (Normally mostly hate but the sun was shining today so my mood is influenced by this phenomena). Obviously winter or the winter clothing gives me great inspirations in my latest illustrations as you can see..


Here i will reveal my special technique how to get Mila to agree to get dressed or at least to compromise with me on something appropriate for the season to dress in. After the standard emotional process of asking, begging, bribing and threatening without any success. I remember about her hand-doll cats that she LOVES. I put my hand in them and make my voice as nice and soft as I can after being pretty upset like 2 seconds ago... And yes whatever the cat ask her to to do she does without any complains. It is like magic!

These cats Mila fell in love with in a small store downtown Prague it was like everything around her stopped for a minute when she saw them for the first time. They are handmade in Czech Republic yes  and yes they are super not very convenient to travel all over the world with as they can not be washed easily (head base is made out of paper) and yes they were pretty overpriced but they help me soooo much that I would be happy to pay the double and to hand wash them very carefully (maybe one day) The white one is more grey then white these days and they don't smell like flowers but I am starting to love them as much as Mila does.

Will I give her some mental issues later on in life with this cats I have no idea.. And I wonder if the cat trick will help even when she will become an teenager ?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...