Skip to main content

Halloween in Russia

What has happened.. This Halloween thing is really spreading everywhere.. Even here in Moscow pumpkins, ghosts and monsters in every other window.  I remember when I was 10 years old and for the first read about Halloween in my first English textbook. It was a very american celebration and now it seems to be established in Sweden and also here in Russia. At least in my neighborhood. Me and the kids went over to a neighbors place for lunch on Friday and she was preparing making small candy bags to hand out to all the kids coming for Halloween. Did Team Nikolovski remember to prepare and buy any treats? No of course not. I was partly thinking that maybe they will not knock on our door as we are new. But MY GOD the kids dressed as ghosts, zombies and monsters started coming around seven o clock and after that the door bell rang every 10 minutes!!! Last group rang at 22 and but that time we had really cleaned out everything containing sugar. Horrible feeling being soooo unprepared and actually the whole idea of going around asking for sweets are pretty horrible even though I do understand super fun if you are a kid. Next year I will be organized for sure!! 

Me and Mila was making some Halloween inspired decoration last week.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...

IF: Ocean

Ocean is this weeks topic on Illustration Friday.  Prague is cold and snowy at the moment. A nice warm summer day is far away and so are the ocean. But we keep dreaming of warm sunny days and the ocean far away.  Havet är veckans inspirationsord på Illustration Friday. Prag är snöigt och kallt idag. Sommarens varma väder är långt bort och det är havet också. Men vi drömmer om soliga dagar och havet långt borta. 

A hate-love relationship

 I have a love-hate relationship to washing. I love the feeling of putting things in the washing machine. If I don't have things in the washing basket ready for washing I go for a hunt around the apartment looking for things that can do with a wash. This behavior is totally inherited from my mother who could ask me to take clothes off so she could wash it ( possible that they also smelled a little horsey..) As much as I love the washing moment I hate the feeling of having to fold and put away washed and dried cloths.And don't even mention ironing, I refuse, a crease or two has never hurt anyone... These days the washing pile is bigger but at the same time more bright and colorful. Sweet little clothes for a sweet little girl. Jag har ett speciellt förhållande till att tvätta kläder, en passionerad hatkärlek. Kärleken riktas mot att få stoppa in kläder i tvättmaskinen för tvätt. Finns det inte mycket i tvättkorgen letar jag rätt på något som kan behöva en tvätt. ...