Skip to main content

Pottery painting with kids in Düsseldorf

A couple of weekends ago we decided to take the kids to Eigenlob keramik so they could paint their own pottery. I thought they might think it would be fun but you never know until you've tried. At the pottery place they have a wide assortment of different things to paint from cups and plates to small ornaments. Filip decided that he wanted to paint a two in one tee pot/cup ( not that he drinks tee but he was determined) and Mila wanted to paint a horse. I picked a bigger bowl. Kids did great and really concentrated on what to paint and they spend probably 40 minutes focusing on that. But as my bowl took longer time to paint the kids when the finished they asked if they could pick something more to paint and because I wanted peace and quiet I said yes. And so it ended up being a pretty expensive activity, but hey something we all enjoyed and we will definitely come back and make some more magic. Last picture is how it all ended up after burning and glaced. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly update 41/52 Time for warmer hats, nice books and last garden projects

  October and week 41 and I have been making lots of new jersey hats with fleece lining. The weather is getting colder and colder and yes hat season is here. I will during the week add new fun warm hats in my web-shop. The hats will also be sold at Christmas markets here in Örebro.  New this year for me is that I am making baby hats since I got a lot of requests. I find it hard to make baby hats because they look so small, it is hard to remember how small babies are.  Also this week big happiness over at new book release from my favorite children book illustrator Sven Nordqvist. "Vägen Hem" a wonderful book with amazing illustrations.   I have also bought and planted some new plants inspired from some nice park arrangements here in Örebro. Now lets hope that all the deer in the forrest will not eat all of these, as I forgot to check wether or not these are tasty to them. In our country-house in the forrest they tend to come and eat everything they like and they ...

Weekly update 42/52 New fleece hats ready for the cooler weather

   

Karatänuppdatering

Det har gått 15 dagar sedan jag sist gjorde en uppdatering om Corona statusen här i Düsseldorf Eftersom vi när skolorna beslutades att stängas var sjuka och ganska rejält sjuka hela gänget så kände vi först inte av hur livet i karantän eller isolering var eftersom vi även under vanliga omständigheter hade hållt oss hemma. Om vi hade Corona det får vi aldrig veta eftersom dom inte testar här i nuläget, men jag har aldrig blivit så risig av en vanlig förkylning med hosta, tungt i bröstet och väldigt väldigt lite energi. Det positiva var att det var inga problem att få kontakt med vården och den hjälp vi behövde här i Düsseldorf, vi ringde innan för att kolla om vi verkligen fick komma in med feber och det fick vi fast genom särskilda ingångar på sjukhuset. Känns tryggt också med den mindre barnklinik dit barnen går som vi hittills alltid har fått tid samma dag och även för oss vuxna walk in klinik utan att behöva ringa innan eller långa köer. Jag ska tillägga att vi inte har någon dyr p...